The Cornhole Boards
Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures. Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature. Throwing objects and verbal or physical abuse/harassment towards umpires, field leaders, opposing players, or spectators. Refusal to follow instructions from field leaders. Any irresponsible behavior that results from intoxication or other signs of impairment. Acts that could be considered unsportsmanlike conduct. Please act like a responsible, respectful adult. Ejections
Fighting is strictly prohibited. Any player that is observed fighting during a game will be ejected from the league indefinitely. A player may be ejected from a game by the field leader. Ejected players must leave the immediate area and have no contact with the field leader or participants in the game. If the ejected player refuses to leave, the game will be forfeited. Any player ejected from a regular season game will not be permitted to play in the next scheduled game. Any player ejected from more than one game in a season, the player will be ejected from the league for the remainder of the season. Any player ejected from three games during their Penn Social Sports career, the player will be ejected from the league indefinitely. Any player ejected from a playoff game will be suspended for the remainder of the play-offs. Anyone may report a player for offensive conduct, language, or physical abuse at any time. The reported player will have to meet with the league’s president and field leader.
- Will be placed on a flat surface 24 to 27 feet apart (front to front).
- The cornhole board surface is a standard 2' x 4'.
- There should be 8 bags, 4 bags of each color. Consisting of 2 teams.
- Each bag should be 6 inches by 6 inches and have 1 pound of replica corn inserted into each cornhole bag.
- Two teams of two people, teamed partners, shall play. Partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boxes on the same side, from the perspective of a third person, and face each other, so there is no advantage given to one team. If a team has more than two players they should rotate between players each inning but it is not required. You may not rotate in between the inning of bags. IE. You cannot rotate a player in until all 8 bags are thrown by both players on one side.
- Each cornhole team shall have 4 bags of one color.
- All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
- The home team will determine which cornhole team has honors in round one or an agreement.
- One of the partners on the team who has honors shall begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole box.
- A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole box they are throwing from.
- Game continues by alternating throws between the two opponent players until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
- If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, that bag shall be taken off the playing surface.
- The next half round starts when the other cornhole player on the team, which has honors, throws their first cornhole bag.
- The cornhole game continues until one team reaches 21 (do not need to be exact) or more points or 16 rounds whichever happens first. A round consists of all 4 players throwing their 4 bags.
- Game 5 is win by 2 up to 15 if time permits.
- Games are Best of 5 or 60 minutes. This is a hard time stop. Whatever the current score of the game is stands even if it is 1-0. If the game is tied it's sudden death until the tie is broken.
- A foul occurs when any of the following happens.
- A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line, termed a foot foul.
- A player goes out of turn.
- A player goes to pick up the bags before the round is over.
- The player who caused the foul loses the throw when the foul occurred and the bag shall be removed if it landed on the playing surface.
- The score shall be taken after all cornhole bags have been thrown for a HALF round. A round is complete after all 4 players have thrown a total of 16 bags.
- Points shall be given as follows.
- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole. Considered a Cornhole YALL
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground (unless the cornhole bag on the ground can be removed without making the hanging bag fall to the ground, then one point is given).
- The cornhole team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
- The cornhole team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
- If both cornhole teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.
- The winner is best 3 of 5 games.